Sumner Tunnel Closures starting June 17, 2011
Posted Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Beginning Friday, June 17, 2011, MassDOT will be implementing intermittent tunnel closures for a period of one week in the Sumner Tunnel, which connects East Boston with downtown.The restrictions are required for pavement milling operations.
The Sumner Tunnel will be closed to all through traffic during the following dates and times:
During the work, traffic leaving the airport will be directed to utilize the Ted Williams Tunnel and will be detoured via the Rte. 1A U-Turn at Bennington Street. There will be some noise associated with the milling work.
- Friday, June 17, 2011 from 9 PM to 8 AM the following morning
- Saturday, June 18, 2011 from 9 PM to 8 AM the following morning
- Monday, June 20 2011 from 9 PM to 5 AM the following morning
- Tuesday, June 21, 2011 from 9 PM to 5 AM the following morning
- Friday, June 24, 2011 from 1 AM to 5 AM